Day nine of the Blogging University Course and today I have two tasks. For the first task I have to explain what I would write if I had a time machine and could create more time for writing.
I would finish my book and respond to the Daily Word prompt every day. Perhaps I’d prettify the blog and create more category headings and sub-headings. It would be interesting to have a guest post every week from followers and those I follow and have those under a ‘guest post’ section. Maybe I would do none of those things, have another blog for only poetry and one for practical blog posts – I don’t have a clear goal at all! I worry that if I had an infinite amount of time to write, my time would be frittered away doing not very much. Some paid writing work would be fantastic. This would keep me focused and I could justify the writing so that it’s not just seen as a hobby.
Unless I have college reports due in (which I do), I have enough time to devote to writing. It’s the frivolity of it that’s the problem. It’s not making money, putting a home-cooked meal on the table or ironing work shirts. It’s therefore viewed as me just sitting around on my laptop doing nothing useful. It’s my little secret – although it’s getting harder to explain what I’ve been doing during the day other than working or studying! As mentioned in previous blog posts, I don’t like writing when others are around so I really have to write between 10am-2pm or after 10pm.
The second task today is for my readers and I would be very grateful if you could (please) respond. I have to direct you to my ABOUT page and ask you to email me with suggestions for future posts. I’m happy to write about most things. Here are a few things I could write about that I believe I have some knowledge due to work/qualifications/personal experience:
- Job hunting, interviews or career progression (previous background in Recruitment and H.R.)
- Child behaviour, activity ideas, dealing with large groups of children and most child specific things (current career).
- How to talk to just about anyone (this is my talent).
- A poem about something specific or a particular style of poem that might challenge me – perhaps a style I’ve never tried before.
- An article on a specific subject. One I’d need to research and reference. Again, I’m open to suggestions.
- A short story. To be honest I wouldn’t be overjoyed at the thought of doing this because I don’t think I’d be good at it. I’m up for a challenge though!
- Anything else you can think of?
Please (please, please, please) do contact me via the CONTACT page and let me know your ideas. If you would prefer not to use the Contact page, then you can reply below in the comments. Thank you in advance.