I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! The Sunshine Blogger award is an award for bloggers from bloggers. It’s a way of recognizing bloggers who are positive and who creatively inspire others.
Part of the award is answering eleven questions. I have already received this award but will complete the questions provided.
I’d like to thank faithwalkinghebrews111.com for nominating me. This is a great blog where she writes about emotions, faith, self-development and her blog posts are always thought provoking.
As part of this nomination, I’ve to answer the following 11 questions, so here goes :
- Why did you start blogging? I started blogging to improve my writing skills. I’ve gained so much more than that though as I’ve met some interesting bloggers and I’m enjoying reading through blogs every day.
- What/Who inspires you? Why? No-one in particular. I find I’m inspired by different people every day for the little things that they do.
- Do you believe in love? Why or why not? Yes. I believe love is the reason we live. Loving and being loved and/or the love of something that makes us feel happy.
- What do you think people tend to misunderstand or assume about you? I think some people may think I’m ‘just a childminder’ and therefore not very intelligent.
- If you could change one thing about our society what would it be and why? I’d like people to have empathy.
- How do you handle communication issues or navigate through confrontations? I previously didn’t handle them very well. I’d instantly speak my mind and then regret things I said. I now pause, reflect and speak. If I’m particularly angry I’ll go for a walk or retreat to another room and cool off. I’m a very laid back sort of person, so this might happen about once a year!
- Where would you live if you could live anywhere you wanted? Assuming money isn’t an issue. I’m happy where I live at the moment. Scotland is beautiful and my family and a few friends are nearby. I’m 2 minutes walk to the sea 🙂
- What advice would you give your younger self? It’s all here, warts and all! https://amileinmyshoes.co/2016/09/19/a-letter-to-the-younger-me/
- Do you think there’s a purpose to our life? If so, what do you think it is? That’s the big question and I’ve been thinking of it a lot lately. We’re all a tiny part of this planet for a fraction of time and I think all we can do is be our best. My purpose at the moment is caring for my family and helping children be happy, confident and empathetic.
- What has been the scariest thing you’ve experienced? When I watched firefighters open my childs’ bedroom window and there was smoke billowing out. He’d been asleep in his room 15 minutes before, but luckily we were awake and called 999. It all happened so quickly and I thought we could have died if the fire had occurred a few hours later when we were all in bed.
- What is your happiest memory? That one is private 😉
I was asked to nominate others but since I have received this award previously and nominated others already I will forego this part.