Well it must be award season because I’m in the privileged position of receiving 8 nominations and 5 awards in the past couple of weeks. I need to dig out my frock! I thought it best to write one blog post on this – I wouldn’t like people to think I was posting my awards all the time and getting big headed. Thanks to the very talented writers who nominated me. Although I love writing, I don’t think I’m very sophisticated and my inexperience shows, but I’ll accept graciously:
Versatile Blogger Award (3 nominations)
RULES OF AWARD:
- Show the award on your blog • Thank the person that has nominated you • Share 7 different facts about yourself • Nominate 10 – 15 blogs of your choice • Link your nominees and let them know of your nomination
THOSE WHO NOMINATED ME:
http://lodgerofarabica.wordpress.com You don’t get more versatile than this guy. He writes opinion pieces, short stories, poetry, crime, and general thoughts on life issues. Check it out – his blog is always entertaining!
Another versatile writer who writes important posts about things that matter. I particularly liked her posts on Body Shaming and a motivating anti-procrastinating piece. If you visit one page on her blog, please read this – it’s beautiful:
MiraLianna’s blog is so important. Her Starfish mission highlights the importance of EVERYONE. We all matter and her mission is to ensure we find our happy place in life. I particularly like her commitment to helping raise kind empathetic children. Check out her page and share with friends!
7 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I like variety in my work. I’ve had around 30 jobs, ranging from Mushroom Picking to HR Manager. Many of those jobs have been temp work and although I was offered a lot of permanent placements – I declined most and just stuck at things I liked.
- Myself and now husband once ran out of money in Paris and spent two days penniless in the city. We cooked our dinner on a camping stove in the middle of roundabout at the bus station. We also never accounted for the tax when paying for the hotel on exit and didn’t have enough money – oops!
- I left school at 16 and never sat any Highers. I’m currently at night school studying Childhood Practice. This is the 5th time I’ve been to college/uni – I completed all courses. I’ve a degree in Business/Marketing and a Postgraduate Degree in Human Resources, amongst other things.
- I discovered a flatshare (apartment) I lived in for 5 years wasn’t officially owned by anyone. The ‘landlord’ had broken down the door of the flat after it lay empty for 15 years. I let a room afterwards – oblivious until the neighbours told me 5 years later.
- I am a childminder for school aged children (previously younger children). I love working with children and I have 5 ½ hours to myself during the day – hurray!
- I used to have a thing for musicians and dated a few. I kissed a famous one once after meeting him through friends. I realise I sound like a groupie. I wasn’t… was I?!
- I can’t handle listening to music I don’t like and I’m rude when I ask people if I can change the music mid-conversation.
Sunshine Blogger Award (2 nominations)
RULES OF AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog. •Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you. •Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions. •List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
THOSE WHO NOMINATED ME:
atrangizindagikasafar nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award: https://atrangizindagieksafar.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/2956/
Check out her blog, a published poet and all round nice person from what I can tell. Her poetry is divine and inspirational. She also writes interesting pieces and posts beautiful pictures. A true talent. I can’t narrow down a favourite post, they’re all so good. Definitely check her out.
HER QUESTIONS TO ME:
- What is it that gives you “a kick”? Usually my mum – she puts it to me straight.
- Which is your favorite novel/book? I love the Garnethill Trilogy by Denise Mina, a Glaswegian Crime Writer.
- Any favorite superhero(s)? Just good people. The person who manages to smile despite a terminal illness; the Lollypop man who gets all the children laughing; that fashion designer who was ridiculed at the Oscars and didn’t care. Ordinary people are superheros every day.
- What is your favorite song? It depends on my mood. Portishead ‘Glory Box’ is amazing. Florence and the Machine “You’ve got the Love” reminds me of my youth and gets me in the party spirit.
- What’s your take on religion and spirituality? I like the idea of Karma and there being heaven and hell here. It’s an idea though – I don’t know?
- Which are your 3 top traits and 3 worst traits? 3 good – Thoughtful of others, good conversationalist and good with children. 3 bad – Procrastinator, quite lazy and addictive personality.
- What is the best place you ever been to? Auchmelvich
- Three things you regret the most in your life? Not having the important conversations with the people who mattered – then it was too late.
- Share one stupid/awesome experience that you can never forget? Driving round San Francisco on a tiny electric car and then pushing it uphill when it wouldn’t carry our weight! People photographed us – she shame!
- If you land a jackpot of money, what would you like to do with it? Pay off the mortgage and give some to a charity.
- What would you do if you were to turn a ghost for a day? I have no idea!
Namitha over at teenmemoir.com had also nominated me for this award. She is a talented writer and I particularly like this poem: https://teenmemoir.com/2016/08/11/poetry-the-rain/ At only 15, Namitha has a mature outlook on life and has also written a great piece on jealousy.
QUESTIONS FROM TEEN MEMOIR:
- Would you prefer skydiving or scuba diving? Scuba diving seems like the option less likely to kill me.
- Would you call yourself an indoor person or an outdoor person? Both
- What’s your favorite thing to do? Bathing in candlelight
- Cat person or dog person? Both, but if I had to pick I’d say dog.
- Why did you create your blog? So that I could write and get better at it.
- Where would you see yourself in 10 years? I’m afraid to think that far ahead. How negative is that?
- Do you have a phobia? If yes, what kind of phobia? None, although I have a recurring dream of people trying to catch me and kill me. The movie Munich unsettled me.
- How do you get motivated to work towards your goal(s)/target(s)/amibition(s)? I just book it or agree to it and then I have to commit. I don’t overthink it.
- What kind of people do you like? Genuine down to earth people.
- What superhuman power would you like to have? Invisibility
- What kinds of books do you read? Crime, romantic trashy stuff, factual travel and self-help books.
MY 11 QUESTIONS:
- If you were to die today, what would be your greatest regret?
- Do you like yourself?
- Why do you/do you not like yourself?
- Describe a perfect day:
- Clinton or Trump – if you HAD to vote for one, who would you vote for?
- What are your 3 favourite songs?
- Tell me something that you love about yourself?
- What has been your best ever experience?
- Your most awful experience? PLEASE DON’T ANSWER THIS IF YOU DON’T WANT TO
- Best place you’ve ever been?
- Your biggest disappointment in life? Again, don’t answer if you don’t want to.
Black Cat Blue Sea Award (1 nomination + 1 previous nomination)
Secondtymblogger has a wonderful and varied blog. Poetry, photography, topical blog posts – it’s all in there and of great quality. Definitely worth a visit! Here is the most recent poem and one I think you’ll enjoy: https://secondtymblogger.wordpress.com/2016/09/23/people-vs-land/
THE RULES OF BLACK CAT BLUE SEA AWARD:
NOMINATION 7 PEOPLE FOR AN AWARD AND ASK THEM 3 QUESTIONS. HERE ARE THE ONES I HAVE TO ANSWER:
ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS I WAS GIVEN:
- What do you wish to achieve out of your blog? Keep practicing my writing and improving. Meeting other writers and making connections. Perhaps getting people to think and question themselves or others. Inform on issues I know about – children etc.
- Do you have a dream which you havent got around to fulfilling yet? If yes, then what is it? More travel and writing.
- If you had to pick between reading a book/watching a movie while sipping on a good cup of coffee/any beverage and talking a walk on a beach, which would you choose and why? Walking on the beach.
MY 3 QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
Please answer 3 from the choice above (Sunshine Blogger Section)
Lovely Blog Award (1 nomination)
JL Hunts blog is a great resource for families, with lots of ideas for entertaining the children and ourselves too! She turns her hand to writing a lot of lifestyle pieces, writes beautiful poetry and is a published author! I’ll be honest here. I envisaged my own blog would be similar to huntsclubhouse, but mines went off on another direction. You won’t regret checking this blog out. https://huntsclubhouse.wordpress.com/category/awards/
THE RULES OF THE LOVELY BLOG AWARD:
Thank the lovely person who nominated your blog and follow them.
YES FOLLOW ME!
Display the award and add this set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do
Nominate 15 other lovely blogs listing them in your post and notifying them via a link in one of their blog posts.
List 7 interesting facts about yourself to the post.
MY INTERESTING FACTS ARE LISTED UNDER THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD
Blogger Recognition Award (1 nomination)
Thanks for the nomination creativitopia and apologies for only getting round to this now! The blog has a lovely personal writing style and in humorous and informational. I particularly enjoyed the post showing you how to use Pokemon Go. Now I just need an up to date phone for it:
THE RULES OF THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you ✓
- State the rules ✓
- A short explanation of why you started your blog
- Nominate 15 people
- Comment on one of the nominees blog posts to tell them their nominated
I started the blog in order to practice my writing skills and improve. I want to meet other writers, make new connections and learn through them. Perhaps getting people to think and question themselves or others. Inform on issues I know about – children etc.
MY NOMINATIONS: (I’ve had some copying/paste problems so there are duplicates and I hope some people didn’t get deleted) I’ve not nominates as many people as it looks but I’m afraid I delete people by mistake.
This is very difficult for me because I am reading so many good quality blogs and find something good in everyones writing. However, since I’ve had so many nominations I think the best thing to do is to write a long list of my favourites. Those people can choose which award they would like (if any) and post in their blog accordingly: